Company Bureau can assist you to register a company in the UK. Even with Brexit looming, the UK is still one of the most popular European jurisdictions to form a company. To set up a business in the UK, the company documents are filed electronically with the Companies House. Incorporations can be processed remotely and take no longer than 1-2 working days. The Companies House offer one of the most streamlined incorporation processes in the European region. A digital signature is created for the officers and two original signatures are necessary to register the company.
UK Company Types
The following are the most popular corporate entities for foreign companies entering the UK
Private Limited Company (Ltd)
Public Limited Company (Plc)
Branch of a foreign company (‘Overseas Company’)
Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
Under the Companies Act 2006, a UK Limited Company is defined as per the below:
- A separate legal entity from the people who run it
- Must have separate finances from the people who run it
- Any profits made after paying tax can be retained
The Companies Act 2006 also allows for companies to be incorporated in three distinct administrative locations – England & Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
What are the main features of a UK Private Limited Company?
- Only one shareholder needed, ideal for a wholly-owned subsidiary
- By far the most popular format for foreign investors
- No minimum capital requirement
- Minimum one director and optional company secretary
- Confirmation Statement (annual return) must be filed annually
- Accounts to be filed annually
UK Company Formation Package Pricing
For our non-resident clients, we strongly recommend our ‘open for business’ corporate services package, which includes all of the following professional services:
- Incorporation of UK/NI Company Limited by Shares – Express service (1-2 working days) and full corporate package including all legal documents and registers €250 (Including VAT)
- Annual Company Secretarial & Compliance Service €250 + VAT
- Full range of Registered Office options (UK only) €250 + VAT
- Setting up of Corporate Bank account including provision of online banking €395 + VAT
The total fee is €1,350.85 including VAT, however, if you proceed with all the services we will discount the fee to €1,200 including VAT. This is a very competitive price especially compared to the legal firms and other licensed trust and service company providers. Please note VAT is charged at 23%.
We can also assist you with a range of services within the UK or Northern Ireland as per the below:
- Share Transfers and Allotments
- Change of Company Name
- Alterations to Officers or Registered Office
- Voluntary Strike-Off
- Full Accounting and Taxation Services
- Branch of a Foreign Company in the UK
Whilst corporate tax rates in Northern Ireland are currently the same as the UK, in the foreseeable future, Northern Ireland will have a devolved corporate tax rate of just 12.5%, which will be a lower rate than the rest of the United Kingdom and on a par with its southern neighbour, the Republic of Ireland.
To register a company in the UK please contact us for an order form. Unlike most other providers, we will provide you with the full set of corporate documentation for your company in hard copy, as well as electronic format. Please Contact Us with any questions you might have on UK Company Formations.