Register a Branch Office in Ireland
Company Bureau can assist you in registering a branch of your existing company in Ireland. In Ireland, it is generally more common for companies to establish a subsidiary company, which is legally a separate entity. However, branches are used in some circumstances to establish a place of business in the State.
Requirements to Register an Irish Branch Company
To register a Branch Office in Ireland you will need to obtain a set of legalised and authenticated corporate documents for the parent company.
- An Apostilled (Authenticated) Copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company (see certification requirement below)
- A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation of the Company (include any certificate/s of change of name if applicable)
- A set of the latest abridged company accounts (if applicable)
- A declaration signed by the directors outlining the objectives of the company
Please also note if the documents are not in English they will need to be translated into English and this must be a certified translation.
Compliance Requirements for a Branch Office
Once the branch is registered the following requirements must be adhered to:
- A copy of the annual accounts of the company should be filed on an annual basis, including if it has one or more subsidiaries, any consolidated accounts of the group
- Any annual report of the directors for the same period
- The report of the auditors on the company accounts for the same period
- Any report of the auditors on the directors’ report for the same period
- Changes of Company Charter (Constitution or Memorandum & Articles of Association)
- Charges on Property held within the state
- Change of Company Name or Share Capital
- Changes in person authorised to represent the Company
- Notice of Insolvency/Liquidation/Closure
The branch must have a registered address in Ireland, and a person authorised to accept legal service in Ireland. The person must ensure compliance with all of the above and the provisions of the 1993 Branch Disclosures Regulations (EU legislation) Company Bureau will be happy to provide this service to you.
For more information, and to register a branch office in Ireland today please don’t hesitate to Contact Us. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have and get your company incorporated in the quickest possible timeframe.
Contact us now for further details