Gibraltar is an excellent jurisdiction for an offshore company formation, giving you the security of being part of the EU but with the benefit of a much lower tax rate.
Gibraltar is small self-governing British Overseas Territory located at the southern tip of Spain and enjoys steady financial and political stability. The official language is English, however Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Russian are also spoken. Gibraltar is governed by the English Common Law legal system, is part of the European Union and boasts a low corporate tax rate of 10%. Together with a business friendly time zone of GMT +1, Gibraltar forms a tax efficient financial gateway into the European Union.
Company Bureau can assist you in setting up a company in Gibraltar. The follwoing are the main features of a Gibraltar company incorporation:
• There is no minimum Authorised Share Capital, although GBP£2,000 is the standard.
• There is no limit or maximum capitalisation. The capital duty is 0.5% of Authorised capital.
• Non-resident companies can be incorporated with just one director.
• A director may be a person or a corporate entity.
• The minimum number of shareholders is one.
• A resident secretary is required and we can provide this.
• There is a Public Register of Shareholders but Nominee Shareholders are usually used.
For more information and a free consultation with one of our experts on registering a company in Gibraltar, please don’t hesitate to contact us. As well as registering the company we can also assist you with setting up a bank account for your Gibraltar company.