Societas Europaea (SE)
A Societas Europaea (SE) is a European public limited company formed under EU Regulation (Council Regulation 2157/2001) and Statutory Instrument 21 of 2007. SE’s can be formed by merger, as a holding company or subsidiary, or by conversion from a PLC. Article 3 and 10 of the Regulation requires member states to treat an SE as if it has a public limited company formed in accordance with the law of the member state in which it has it’s registered office.
Method of formation Commercial bodies that may be involved:
- Merger of two or more public limited companies (including SEs)
- Holding SE – Two or more private or public limited companies (including SEs)
- Subsidiary SE – Article 2(3) Two or more companies (including SEs), firms or other legal bodies
- Subsidiary SE – Article 3(2) An existing SE
- Transformation of an existing Public Limited Company
Should you wish to incorporate a Societas Europaea (SE), please do not hesitate to contact the experts at Company Bureau on +353 1 6461625 or email email@example.com.