Registration of a Branch in Ireland
Company Bureau can assist you in registering a branch of your existing company in Ireland. In Ireland, it is generally more common for companies to establish a subsidiary company, which is legally a separate entity. However branches are used in some circumstances to establish a place of business in the state.
One of the main requirements to incorporate a branch in Ireland is to obtain a set of legalised and authenticated corporate documents for the mother company. This generally comprises of an Apostilled Copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the Certificate of Incorporation of the company.
Once the branch is registered the following requirements must be adhered to:
- A copy of the annual accounts of the company should be filed on an annual basis, including if it has one or more subsidiaries, any consolidated accounts of the group
- Any annual report of the directors for the same period
- The report of the auditors on the company accounts for the same period
- Any report of the auditors on the directors’ report for the same period
- Changes of Company Charter (Constitution or Memorandum & Articles of Association)
- Charges on Property held within the state
- Change of Company Name or Share Capital
- Changes in person authorised to represent the Company
- Notice of Insolvency/Liquidation/Closure
The branch must have a registered address in Ireland, and a person authorised to accept legal service in Ireland. The person must ensure compliance with all of the above and the provisions of 1993 Branch Disclosures Regulations (EU legislation) Company Bureau will be happy to provide this service to you.
For more information, and to register a branch in Ireland today please don’t hesitate to Contact Us We can setup a company for you in quickest posible timeframe.